The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is creating dramatic change in the disability sector and there are lots of career opportunities for people from a range of backgrounds. With the NDIS set to be fully implemented in Victoria by 2020, people with disabilities will have much greater choice and control over their support options.
Never worked in the sector? Learn more.
Working in disability is rewarding and challenging, with flexible work hours, the ability to choose work in your local area and many opportunities for ongoing training. And if you have always wanted to make a real difference to a person’s quality of life, this could be the career for you.
Like anyone, each person with disability is unique, with their own personality, abilities, dreams and aspirations. Some people with disability need help with everyday daily living, some with accessing recreation and being more involved in their community, and others with training and finding work.
You can help people with disability in many different areas. There is a great diversity of roles within the disability sector to utilise your skills in a variety of settings with a variety of people.
The Tipping Way:
- Is family friendly, flexible arrangements including part-time and casual employment
- Includes working in a range of locations around Victoria
- Has access to generous salary packaging
- Provides ongoing training and professional development
- Includes a staff reward and recognition program
- Includes an Employee Assist Program (access to confidential independent counselling in various locations across Victoria)
- Embraces diversity
- Advocates for social justice and human rights
- Values real life experience and formal qualifications equally
- Encourages staff in all roles in the organisation to have a say in how we deliver our services
- Undertakes independent research with staff regarding their satisfaction levels