Personal information collected by EW Tipping is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Information Privacy Act (2000) Vic. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and includes sensitive health information.
EW Tipping follows the Australian Privacy Principles in handling personal information from clients/beneficiaries, business partners, donors, members of the public and EW Tipping people (including employees, volunteers, delegates, prospective volunteers and employees).
The primary purpose for collecting personal information from you is to provide services, including planning, monitoring and evaluating our services. The kind of information we collect will depend on your relationship with EW Tipping (eg: as a client, donor, business partner, employee or volunteer or online user of the EW Tipping website).
We usually collect personal information directly from you. However, we sometimes collect personal information from a third party such as your carer, trustee or authorised representative but only if:
- You have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information this way, or
- If it is necessary for a specific purpose
We only collect personal information for purposes that are reasonable necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
Your personal information may be used to:
- Provide you with services
- Provide you with educational information and awareness
- Report to government or other funding bodies on how funding is used
- Process your donation or purchase and provide receipts
- Communicate with you about how your donation is used or about EW Tipping services, and events which we believe may be of interest to you
- Respond to your feedback and complaints
- Answer your queries
It may also be used for:
- Any other purpose for which it was requested and which was advised to you
- Directly related purposes
Please be assured that wherever possible EW Tipping will not disclose personal information to third parties without your permission, except where permitted or required under the law.
We take steps to protect all personal, sensitive and health information held by EW Tipping against misuse, interference, loss, authorised access, modification and disclosure.
If you are listed on one or more of our network email lists, you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ options noted in our emails.
How to contact us
For further information contact us at email@example.com or alternative you can write to:
The Privacy Officer
1063 Dandenong Road
Carnegie, Vic 3163